Thursday, July 8, 2010

10 lbs!




I had my preop appointment yesterday with Dr. Mason. I have lost 10 lbs since I started my preop diet!!! That is exciting news since I don't ever remember a time when I have lost 10 lbs in less than 2 weeks :) Because I couldn't remember, I asked what I weighed back in April when I had my first consultation and I was 243. Yesterday at my appt I was 228. Dr. Mason described everything about the surgery to me all the incisions and so forth....




I also had my preop bloodwork, EKG & chest xray...signed all my registration & consent paperwork and eeek...Paid all the money...ugh I think it made my hubby a little sour to put out that much money but he said if it makes me happy and healthy its worth it. He's so sweet.




I recieved my Max protein powder in the mail monday and tried it...not so bad...not as good as regular chocolate milk but it'll do. I tried it with a couple different kinds of milk also...regular 2% milk, Mootopia 2% and also with Silk vanilla soy milk. I think it was the best with the soy. My cousin said that the Almond milk is even better than the soy so I will have to try that out too.




Here is my list of stuff for the hospital:


My blanket & squishy pillow (for comfort)


slippers (I ordered some zebra print ones that match my blanket)


comfy clothes (a sun dress & loose pair of pj's)


deoderant


chap stick (im told this is a MUST)


wisp toothbrushes


laptop


dvd's




I feel ready but we'll see how the nerves are at 7:00am Monday morning...surgery time is set for 9:30 but we have to be there at 7:45.
I work tomorrow and saturday so that will pass the time more quickly then sunday we are dropping the kiddos off with my parents...then it will be time for bed...I bet I won't sleep very well without my Ambien and being so excited/anxious...I'll let ya'll know how it goes.
Tata for now
kellee


No comments:

Post a Comment